The Halos of Hope / STITCHES Works Package Raffle Official Rules & Policies
(And here's all the legal stuff that we have to have you agree to in order to do this fundraising raffle for Halos of Hope.)
1. Eligibility: The Halos of Hope / STITCHES Works Package Raffle (the "Raffle") is open to anyone who is at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of XRX, Inc., Employees of Fiesta Yarns, and Halos of Hope Board Members, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Raffle. Winning a Raffle is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsors: XRX, Inc. 1320 South Minnesota Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57105, Halos of Hope, PO Box 1998, Arlington Heights, IL 60006, and Fiesta Yarns, 5620 Venice Ave. NE, Suite J, Albuquerque, MN 87113, (Sponsors).
3. Timing: Registration for the Raffle begins on August 5, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time ("CT") and ends on September 23, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the "Raffle Sales Period"). The rules of entering are given below. XRX Inc's server and time stamp solution is the official time keeping device for the Raffle.
4. How to Enter: During the Raffle Sales Period, visit http://KnittingUniverse.com/Raffle/, donate at least $5, and complete and submit the registration. You automatically will receive your tax deductible receipt and be entered into the Raffle. During the entire Raffle Sales Period you may donate as many times as you would like. Every $5 donation will give you one additional chance to be selected in the final random drawing for the STITCHES Works package. 100% of raffle funds raised will be donated for the benefit of Halos of Hope.
5. Free Hat Pattern: As our way of saying thank you for your donation, you will receive the Swirl Beret hat pattern for free as a digital download in PDF format, courtesy of Fiesta Yarns. No other patterns are being offered as part of this Raffle. This pattern download is limited to one per person and not the number of donations or the amount of the donations.
6. Drawing: The management of XRX, Inc. will make the final decisions as to the administration and operation of the Raffle and the selection of the potential winner. Those decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Raffle. Administrator will randomly select the potential Raffle winner from all eligible entries received during the Raffle Sales Period, on or around September 23, 2013. The potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone within two days after the completion of the random drawing. The potential winner may be required to sign and return to XRX, Inc., within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. The Raffle prize will be fulfilled after the verification of winner.
7. Prize: A STITCHES Works package to be redeemed for STITCHES East 2013 or any STITCHES Event in 2014. This package is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning this Raffle prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Raffle Sales Period. Airfare, hotel, and other incidental costs are not included in this prize package.
8. Release: Upon receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Raffle constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Raffle, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Raffle; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Raffle or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Raffle, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Raffle, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate South Dakota Court located in Sioux Falls, SD U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Dakota, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of South Dakota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Dakota.
13. Your information: Entrant's information (submitted via the Halos of Hope / STITCHES Works Sales Form at http://KnittingUniverse.com/Raffle/) will NOT be shared with third parties. However the Sponsors reserve the right to send entrants additional information (via e-mail and/or regular mail) regarding this Raffle or similar products and/or services included in the prize package.
14. Raffle Winner Results: The winner of this Raffle will be posted no later than 72 hours after the end of the Raffle Sales Period at http://KnittingUniverse.com/Raffle/ and on HalosOfHope.org and on other social media venues the Sponsors wish to use.
© 2013 XRX, Inc.. All rights reserved.