The Super Fan Knocker Challenge & STITCHES VIP Package Raffle Official Rules
(And here's all the legal stuff that we have to have you agree to in order to do this fundraising campaign for Knitted Knockers.)
1. Eligibility: The Super Fan Knocker Challenge (the "Challenge") and/or STITCHES Works VIP Package Raffle (the "Raffle") is open to anyone who is at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of XRX, Inc., board members and volunteers of Knitted Knockers Support Foundation, Sponsor, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge and the Raffle. Winning either the Challenge and/or the Raffle is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Timing: Registration for the the Super Fan Knocker Challenge and the STITCHES VIP Raffle begins on February 21, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. Central Time ("CT"). The submission deadline for the Super Fan Knocker Challenge ends on December 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CT. The STITCHES VIP Raffle deadline will extend until February 22, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. PT (both now to be know as the "Challenge Entry Period"). The rules for entering are given below. XRX Inc's server and time stamp solution is the official time keeping device for the Raffle.
4. How to Enter: During the Challenge Entry Period, visit http://KnittingUniverse.com/KnittedKnockers/, donate $20 using the mechanics of the website (and the corresponding sales pages), and complete and submit your donation or entry. You will automatically receive your receipt via e-mail and be entered into the Raffle and/or pre-registered into the Super Fan Knocker Challenge. During the entire Challenge Sales Period you may donate as many times as you would like. Every $20 donation will give you one additional chance to be selected in the final random drawing for the STITCHES VIP Package Raffle. 100% of Challenge and Raffle funds raised will be donated for the benefit of the Knitted Knockers Support Foundation.
5. Drawing: The management of XRX, Inc. will make the final decisions as to the administration and operation of the Challenge and the Raffle, the finalists for the Challenge, and the selection of the potential winner(s). Those decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge and the Raffle. Administrator will randomly select the potential STITCHES VIP Package Raffle winner from all eligible entries received during the Challenge Sales Period and announce said winner at STITCHES West 2020. The potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone within six days after the announcement of the random drawing. The potential winner may be required to sign and return to XRX, Inc., within twenty (20) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. The STITCHES VIP Package Raffle prize will be fulfilled after the verification of winner.
6. The STITCHES VIP Prize: A STITCHES VIP prize package, to be redeemed for any STITCHES Event in 2020 or 2021 (with the exception of STITCHES West 2020). The prize package will include up ti 24 hours of classes, five nights of hotel accommodations at the respective venue's host hotel (check in the day befor the show open and check out the day after the show ends), and $500 cash. This package is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning this VIP prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Raffle Registration Period. Airfare and other incidental costs are not included in this prize package. In the event that not all class and/or events are used, the cash equivalent will NOT be awarded or credited to the winner. In the event that not all hotel days are used, the cash equivalent will NOT be awarded or credited to the winner.
7. The Super Fan Knocker Challenge Entrants, Finalists, and Winners: All knockers entered into the Super Fan Knocker Challenge must be sent to XRX, Inc. 2704 West 3rd Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57105 by December 1, 2019. All entries must be accompanied by the receipt from the KnittingUniverse.com store (your order number will be your entry number) as well as all relevant contact information. Finalists will be selected by representatives of XRX, Inc. and the Knitted Knockers Support foundation. Finalists will be displayed at STITCHES West 2020. Judging will take place at that event, and the winners will be selected and announced at that time. Finalists' entries will also be put online for a 'People's Choice' prize. Four prize packages will be created from the donations of the Super Fan Knocker Challenge Sponsor contributions and awarded to the winners. Entrants into the Super Fan Knocker Challenge will also be entered in the STITCHES VIP Prize Package giveaway.
8. Release: Upon receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Challenge, the Raffle, or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Challenge and/or the Raffle constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Challenge and/or the Raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Challenge or the Raffle, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge and/or theRaffle or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge and/or the Raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge or the Raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge or the Raffle; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge and/or the Raffle or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Challenge, the Raffle, or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Challenge and/or the Raffle, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Challenge or the Raffle, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge and/or Raffle or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate South Dakota Court located in Sioux Falls, SD U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Challenge and/or Raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Challenge and/or the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Dakota, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of South Dakota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Dakota.
13. Your information: Entrant's information (submitted anywhere on the KnittingUniverse.com site) will NOT be shared with third parties. However the Sponsors reserve the right to send entrants additional information (via e-mail and/or regular mail) regarding this Challenge and/or the Raffle or similar products and/or services included in the prize package.
14. Challenge Winner Results: The winner of this VIP Package will be posted no later than 10 Business days after STITCHES West 2020 online at http://KnittingUniverse.com/KnittedKnockers/ and on any other social media venues the Sponsors wish to use. The finalist knockers will be judged at STITCHES West 2020, and the results will be announced at that time.
15. Updated Rules: XRX, Inc. and the Knitted Knockers Support Foundation reserves the right to update the rules and conditions as needed and without notice.