Registration is closed for this event...
Sunday 04/13/2014, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Sunday 04/13/2014, 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
View Amy's profile
Knit to Flatter Workshop with Amy Herzog
Ever wonder why some sweaters make you look like a supermodel and others make you look more like a hobbit? Have you ever knit a sweater that looked stunning on the page only to be disappointed when you wore it for the first time? In this class, I’ll teach you the tools you need to produce sweaters perfect for your figure every time you pick up the needles. Topics covered in class include:
• Standard body shapes, modifying figure factors, and why your shape matters way more than your size
• How clothing changes the appearance of the body’s shape and the many ways we can manipulate this for our benefit
• Types of sweater patterns that look best on each figure type, driven into reality by lots and lots of trying on samples
• Personalized shape analysis and detailed measurements for every student
• How to choose what size to knit, demystifying ease, and modifying existing patterns
• General sweater tips and tricks
• Student-brought questions and discussion topics
We take pictures of everyone’s shape during class, so please come wearing or willing to change into a tight-fitting top and relatively fitted well-fitted pants/skirt. Please also bring along a measuring tape, sweaters you’ve knit, patterns you’re interested in, and your adventurous inner knitter!
Measuring tape and bring/wear a tight-fitting top
Optional: patterns you’re interested in
Sharp scissors, notebook, pen or pencil with an eraser, stitch markers, blunt tapestry needles (large and small), flexible tape measure, small calculator, and needles & crochet hooks of various sizes.