Registration is closed for this event...
Saturday 08/06/2016, 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Saturday 08/06/2016, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
View Patty's profile
Fundamentals of Sweater Design with Patty Lyons
Whether you have designs on a sketch pad and want to turn them into patterns, or you always want to modify patterns and want to know how, take out your calculator and let’s get started! From the very beginning, we will go through how to design a basic drop shoulder, modified drop shoulder and set-in sleeve sweater. We will cover a variety of neck options as well as learn side shaping and more. Learn about ease and the importance of getting your measurements just right and get a garment that fits you like a custom-made sweater (which it is!) NOTE: Math is used in sweater design. A solid understanding of the math of gauge and some previous sweater knitting experience is needed.
Bring in your swatch for measuring
- Bring pencil and pens
- Bring a sweater you like from home for measuring
- Wear whatever undergarments (bra, cami etc.) you usually wear under a sweater. Wear a t-shirt or tank for ease of getting measured.
- Bring Tape measure and calculator.
- Two straight needles
- Leave your fear of math at home!
OPTIONAL: make a 6” x 6” swatch in whatever stitch you would like to use (do NOT add a garter stitch edge to swatch)
- wash and block your swatch