Sunday 08/06/2017, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
*Knitting Tips & hints
View Steven's profile
Whip it into Submission: Personalized Pattern Perfection in 5 easy Steps with Steven Berg
Found a pattern that’s almost perfect but not quite? The shape is right but the stitch pattern is wrong or the yarn is too boring or the fit is just a little off. Everyone’s been there. Enter StevenBe, master of the substitution. In this workshop, Steven will guide you through taking your pretty darn good pattern and making it perfect with an artful use of short rows, stitch patterns, gauge modifications, yarn substitutions, and other techniques. You will leave this workshop with the confidence and chutzpah it takes to wrangle any pattern into submission and make it obey your every whim.
* A pattern that you want to be in love with but have to tweak (example: the yarn it calls for is unavailable, you want to add some challenging elements, it’s in garter stitch but you want it to be stockinette or seed stitch, the yarn it calls for is too bulky, you want it to be lighter weight)
• Minimum 3 yarns to work with, we love to experiment with finer weights like lace and fingering and fiber contents to be combined into a heavier weight. Yarns should be chosen and wound prior to class so we can begin immediately. More yarns can be added during class. Choose a color palette when bringing your stash to make it cohesive.
• Three to five stitch pattern options; we recommend a stitch pattern book or http://www.knittingstitchpatterns.com
• A variety of needle sizes will be needed so bring a good selection (we recommend an interchangeable set), even a crochet hook or two
• A notebook or design sketchbook to keep notesKnitting Basics including sharp scissors, notebook, pen or pencil with eraser, stitch markers, blunt tapestry needles (large and small), flexible tape measure, small calculator, and needles and crochet hooks of various sizes.