Registration is closed for this event...
Friday 02/23/2018, 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
*Knitting Skill-building basics Tips & hints Trouble shooting
View Sarah's profile
and full STITCHES West class list
Reading Your Knitting with Sarah Peasley
Have you ever taken the time to LOOK at your knitting?
* What does your cast-on row reveal?
* Which way do your stitches face?
* Are you on the right side or the wrong side of the fabric?
* How many rows have you worked? In stockinette? In garter stitch? In another stitch pattern?
* Did you remember to increase/decrease in the previous row?
* How many rows has it been since you last decreased/increased?
* How do you keep track of where you ARE?
* How do you figure out where you WERE?
Let's SLOW DOWN and learn the anatomy of a stitch, then study the fabric below the needles. Sarah has tricks to help you discover what you've done and where you are, and she will show you how to keep track going forward. In no time at all, you'll be a smarter, more confident knitter!
Note: Must be comfortable with knitting and purling.
__1.75 oz (50 g) smooth, light-colored, worsted-weight yarn
__4.5 mm/US 7 straight or circular needles
__Pen or Pencil