Anna Zilboorg’s classic, Magnificent Mittens, contained
patterns for 42 gloriously color-patterned mittens, all knit from the
fingertips to the wrist. In this expanded edition, Magnificent Mittens &
Socks, you’ll discover how Anna Zilboorg’s toe-up, free-sole sock designs can
be combined with the mitten charts. With stranded patterning on the top of the
foot and a plain sole, it is elastic, easily reinforced, and easily repaired. No
longer are color-patterned socks too much work for too little wear. Now your
socks can be as magnificent as your mittens.
Fully-illustrated, step-by-step instructions for the basic
mitten method and for 2-color knitting
• Interchangeable cuff charts
• 13 edge finishes for cuffs
• 7 embellishments to add color and texture
• How to add a luxurious lining to the mittens
• Dye recipes for Anna’s colors
• Outline charts for design-your-own mittens
• Step-by step instructions for toe-up socks using the mitten
Now an Anglican Solitary living in the Blue Ridge Mountains,
Anna has traveled from the Orient to Turkey to Armenia researching ethnic
knitting. Her other books include Fancy Feet, 45 Fine & Fanciful Hats to
Knit, Knitting for Anarchists, and Socks for Sandals and Clogs.
Free shipping for U.S. addresses.