A collection of 29 knits with great fit and timeless style: The central pieces—swing coats, swagger jackets, and drapes—show what makes a Jane Slicer-Smith design unique: a masterful use of color, fabrics that move, shapes that flatter, and customized fit.
From choosing your palette, through checking the measurements, to seaming and blocking, Jane explains her practiced and pragmatic approach to knitting successful garments. With clear instructions that highlight options in design, construction, and color, Swing Swagger Drape empowers knitters!
The path to success begins with color and
inspiration, then explores shape and silhouette to arrive at designs that make
sense. She continues to expand the potential with alternate colorways and
silhouettes. Often these turn into complete garments: the book really is a
You won’t want to miss: Free shipping to U.S. addresses.
• The sections—Simple Intarsia, Miters, Texture, and Simply
Stunning Intarsia (here the garment turns into one big canvas)
• A brief analysis of how she achieves the fit and style
within each of the designs
• Several really great men’s sweaters
• Fabulous on-location photography in Australia and New Mexico
• A guided tour of Sydney and beyond.