The Ultimate STITCHES West 2013 & Craftsy.com VIP Giveaway Official Rules & Policies
(And here's all the legal stuff that we have to have you agree to in order to do this giveaway.)
1. Eligibility: The Ultimate STITCHES West 2013 & Craftsy VIP Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open to anyone who is a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who is at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of XRX, Inc,, Craftsy.com, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsors: XRX, Inc. 1320 South Minnesota Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57105 and Craftsy.com, 1553 Platte Street, Suite 202 Denver, CO 80202, (Sponsors).
3. Timing: Registration for the Giveaway begins on January 14, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") and ends on January 25, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the "Registration Period"). The rules of entering are given below. XRX Inc's server and time stamp solution is the official time keeping device for the Giveaway.
4. How to Enter: During the Registration Period, visit http://KnittingUniverse.com/VIP/ and complete and submit the registration. You automatically will receive your one (1) entry into the Giveaway. During the entire Promotion Period you are only allowed one entry. Duplicate entires will be eliminated at the Sponsors' discretion and may result in the elimination entrants who have submitted duplicate entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
5. Drawing: The management of XRX, Inc. will make the final decisions as to the administration and operation of the Giveaway and the selection of the potential winners. Those decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. Administrator will randomly select the potential Giveaway winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around January 26, 2013. The potential winner will be notified by mail, email or phone within two days after the completion of the random drawing. The potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Giveaway prizes will be fulfilled after the verification of winners.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Which includes round trip airfare up to $500 (to fly into San Jose, CA and back), five nights at one of the STITCHES West 2013 host hotels, the STITCHES Works package at STITCHES West 2013, $500 in cash for the show, and 10 free classes on Craftsy.com courtesy of the Sponsors. The winner of this prize will also select one other person to receive the same package.
For all Prizes: Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a Giveaway prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Giveaway constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Giveaway, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Giveaway, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate South Dakota Court located in Sioux Falls, SD U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Dakota, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of South Dakota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Dakota.
12. Your information: Entrant's information (submitted via the VIP Entry Form at http://KnittingUniverse.com/VIP/) will NOT be shared with third parties. However the Sponsors reserve the right to send entrants additional information (via e-mail and/or regular mail) regarding this contest or similar products and/or services included in the prize package.
13. Giveaway Results: The winner(s) of this Giveaway will be posted no later than 72 hours after the end of the Registration Period at http://KnittingUniverse.com/VIP/ and on Craftsy.com and on other social media venues the Sponsors wish to use.
© 2013 XRX, Inc.. All rights reserved.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.